Topic: Totalmix FX crashes repeatedly when closing DAW

Hi,

I use the Fireface UFX and Totalmix FX software with both Logic Pro 9.1.3 and Pro Tools 9. More than half of the time, when I close my DAW Totalmix FX often crashes for what seems like no reason. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hardware: Fireface UFX
Computer: Late 2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GhZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor
Software: Totalmix FX, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Pro Tools 9

Another quick question about Totalmix FX: Is it possible to have linked faders maintain their levels even when switching snapshots.

My Scenario: I use outputs 3-4 for my A speakers, 5-6 for my B speakers, and outputs 7-8 for my subwoofer. These 3 faders are linked under group 1.

I have the following snapshots:
1. Source: 1-2 Monitor: Speakers A + Subwoofer
2. Source: 3-4 Monitor: Speakers A + Subwoofer
3. Source: 1-2 Monitor: Headphones
4. Source: 3-4 Monitor: Headphones

I notice that the subwoofer level becomes unlinked from the level of the A & B speakers when I am switching through these snapshots. ie. Speakers A & B are at -23.5 and Subwoofer output is at -10. Is there any way to prevent this?

Have you considered offering a Subwoofer setting in the Main section that would allow you to designate outputs and toggle it on or off similar to the B Speaker feature you implemented recently?

Thank you for making incredible products. Looking forward to resolving these issues and continuing to enjoy my UFX.

Best,
Chris

Re: Totalmix FX crashes repeatedly when closing DAW

I would like to reproduce this to see the problem, but I simply don't understand what you are doing. Please give a better description of the Snapshot setups. Or send me the workspace that includes these snapshots.

Regarding the first issue - what driver and firmware are you using?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

I'm using:
Firmware: v342
Driver: v1.47

Here is a link to the workspace file I'm using:
http://chrisrobertconover.com/RME/

Right click on StandardSwitching file and save as...

Thanks,
Chris

Driver 1.47 includes the outdated TM FX 0.913. Please update to driver version 1.49, which includes TM FX 0.924.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Will update immediately.

Thanks,
Chris

crconover wrote:

I use the Fireface UFX and Totalmix FX software with both Logic Pro 9.1.3 and Pro Tools 9. More than half of the time, when I close my DAW Totalmix FX often crashes for what seems like no reason. Is anyone else experiencing this?

We think we fixed this. If 'MIDI disabled in background' had been checked, and the TM FX window was right behind Logic, then exiting Logic made TM FX try to access the MIDI driver, which is just being closed down by Logic...

If you had this configuration please confirm.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I did NOT have 'MIDI disabled in background' checked. The TM window was open at the same time as logic.
It is still crashing.

Thanks,
Chris

You tested with the latest Beta 6 / RC?

Which MIDI devices are selected in TM FX and is MIDI remote enabled?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure where to download the latest Beta 6 / RC. I did not see it listed under you downloads section.
Currently using TotalMix 0.92, Firmware v342, Driver v149.

Midi device Fireface UFX (23106604) Port 1 is selected under MIDI input. Midi Control is enabled — is this the same thing as MIDI remote?

Best,
Chris

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10025

Not sure how one can not see this one...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias — I'm really sorry I couldn't find your download post. I guess it was silly to think that the latest Release Candidate would be posted under your main website's "Download" heading. Searching for Beta 6 (as you describe in post #9) on the main site did not yield results.

Additionally, it was late and I was tired from working all day. I won't let it happen again.

Thanks for posting the link so quickly and expressing your concern for my ability to search. I'm glad I made the investment in the UFX and recommended it to friends looking to buy new interfaces. I guess in the future I should make it clear that they are paying to be beta testers.

I downloaded RC6 and no crashes thus far.

A question from my original post: Have you considered offering a Subwoofer setting in the Main section that would allow the user to designate its outputs and toggle it on or off similar to the Speaker B feature you implemented recently?

RME is fast and has the best support! Thanks!

We do not put betas or release candidates on our website. Because then the people would complain about exactly what you complain about.

> I guess in the future I should make it clear that they are paying to be beta testers.

Nobody forces you to try out the fix that we implemented exactly and only for you.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, I think I have a similar problem.
Totalmix crashes whenever I quit Mixbus (v.1.5).
I am using a Babyface with Macbook Pro (mid-2009). OS 10.6.6; all the driver and firmware updated.

If you want, I will provide the crash log.

Thank you.

redsound

Why not first try USB Mac driver 1.50?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I didn't know the new USB mac drive came out. I installed it, now the problem is gone.
Perhaps this new driver will also correct another problem that I have with the BF, which is some type of a clocking problem that I have with it whenever I unplug it and plug it back after a few hours later...

Will try it tonight.

Thank you!

J.