Topic: ff 400 phones output

hi there, i have one question regarding outputs 7 and 8...is it possible to use this outputs separately like outputs 1-6.
i want to use phones outputs with i/o plugin in logic 8 to send signal to outboard fx (reverb), but i like to control what kind of signal to send to reverb (not everything i hear)...i hope i made myself clear enough smile
tnx, miro

Re: ff 400 phones output

Yes
Check out page 56 of the manual.

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

i've already checked this page, but couldn't find how to connect via totalmix, so i could use outputs 7/8 as send outputs...i'd like to send through outputs 7/8 let say just snare and send it through my reverb unit and back in logic using i/o plugin...yes i could do that soloing snare, but i'd like to listen to snare in whole mix and reverb with only snare signal in....how can i specify in totalmix, that outputs 7/8 don't act like monitoring outputs? tnx, miro

mirok wrote:

how can i specify in totalmix, that outputs 7/8 don't act like monitoring outputs? tnx, miro

In TotalMix or Matrix, make sure Out 1 & Out 2 are not sent to PH L & PH R (Phones).
Instead, have Out 7 and/or Out 8 sent to PH L & PH R (Phones).

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

tnx for answer, will try that when i'm in the studio and let you know if that solves it.

best, miro

yes, it's working, tnx a lot wink
...i always forget that matrix is for routing smile

best, miro