Topic: FireFace 400 Not Being Seen by Win7

Hey guys,

I recently just picked up a FF400. I originally had some problems with the firewire card in the PCI slot being recognized and now it shows up in the device manager without the yellow exclamation mark.

However the device manager does not read that the fireface 400 is plugged in. The unit did not come with a cd-rom so I had to try to install the drivers from the RME website. Right now the "Fireface Settings" and the "Fireface Mixer" appear in the quickstart menu but nothing happens when I click on them.

I've installed the drivers enough that Maschien and Cubase see the Fifeface drivers, however it fails when ever I try to use it.

This has been complete frustrating so much thanks in advance!! smile

Re: FireFace 400 Not Being Seen by Win7

How did you manage to install the drivers? This way

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

only works if the hardware is seen by the system. But when the red LED is not going off then the unit is not seen by the computer. The unit is second hand? It might just be defective...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

@MC - is the red LED button you are referring to the "HOST" light on the front of the display? The unit was still in it's shrink wrap so I'm pretty sure it was still new.

I'll try my camera today (it's firewire") to make sure the pci firewire card is working right later today.

Just to give an update.  I tried to a camera through the firewire card and the camera was not read.

I even tried switching firewire card in the pci slots and the new card does not work either.

any idea what to do next?

much thanks in advance smile

okay looks like the fireface 400 works perfectly fine on a different computer so it is probably an issue with the driver on my comp running win7. right now the card powers the fireface but the ff400 doesn't register with the computer.

anyone have any idea how to uninstall and re-install the proper firewire driveR?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9827

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.