Topic: Fireface 800 - Sudden lower output on channel No.1

Hello,

I have been using Fireface 800 for 2 years now and I am more than satisfied. My Fireface 800 is in the rack since then and there were no changes on hardware as well. Today I've realized that channel No.1 is somehow lower in output than the rest of the channels. I've checked the cabels, tried to switch them in order to see if there is a loose one, but determined that a problem is actually in channl No.1. I've downloaded latest Flash Update Tool 2.77 and still nothing happened. Channel No.1 is still lower for 2-3dB than the rest.

I did not have any power cuts, in fact my FF 800 is attached to huge UPS system for protection.

Please if anyone knows the answer to this problem, I would be more than glad to hear it. Just hope that it is not a hardware problem.

I am using Windows XP Pro, Quad Core 2.4G, 4Gb RAM

Thanks in advance!

Re: Fireface 800 - Sudden lower output on channel No.1

Do you see the difference in the mixer, or does it only affect the physical output?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel!

I am using Yamaha 02R and I see output (CH 1 and 2) from FF800 coming into the mixer (on CH 1 and 2) on the display. On the display CH 1 in lower than CH 2 and I can hear the difference on the speakers as well. I've tried to change physical input on the mixer and whatever I choose, CH 1 is coming lower comparing to CH2 from FF800. For example, I was testing with Winamp sellecting playback as Fireface Analog (1+2), as well as with ProTols, but whatever playback I choose and sellect CH1 and CH2 as a stereo output from FF800 this problem comes. I have no problems with outher outputs from FF.

Hope that this was not confusing too much smile

I know that is a bit unusual, but it was really confusing when I saw this. I've checked as well in Fireface Mixer, but there no differences in levels between CH1 and CH2. And I am still experiencing above mentioned deviation. I am wondering is there a way to flash FF800 physically and start from the beginning. Maybe it got symptoms like Windows so it needs to be restarted somehow smile

If anyone knows anything about this or experienced something similar please let me know.

Thanks!

You can reset the FF Mixer by holding CTRL and clicking the Preset 1 button (right side panel). If you don't see the problem in the top row of the FF Mixer then it's not a hardware problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

worke wrote:

Hi Daniel!

I am using Yamaha 02R and I see output (CH 1 and 2) from FF800 coming into the mixer (on CH 1 and 2) on the display. On the display CH 1 in lower than CH 2 and I can hear the difference on the speakers as well. I've tried to change physical input on the mixer and whatever I choose, CH 1 is coming lower comparing to CH2 from FF800. For example, I was testing with Winamp sellecting playback as Fireface Analog (1+2), as well as with ProTols, but whatever playback I choose and sellect CH1 and CH2 as a stereo output from FF800 this problem comes. I have no problems with outher outputs from FF.

Hope that this was not confusing too much smile

==== I do not still use a FF800 (although I tested one a week ago and plan to purchase one), and I do not use Pro Tools either. But I have a 02R and your problem on channel 1 analog has possibly nothing to do with the FF800. I have experienced the same problem on channel 1 analog of teh 02R for months before I discover that whenever I start a new project (I'm using SONAR), I have to disable the ''Zero controller when play stops'' in my MIDI OUT options... Don't know if this is SONAR only (but it has been the case for 10 years with all versions of SONAR I used). If I forget to do so in a new project, then my volume on channel 1 of 02R will fade to 0 and I get no sound.  I don't know if this can help, but just in case...

I have found this thread because actually experiencing the same issue with my Fireface UC which,for some reason having lower output on channel 1. But watching the meters,I can actually see that the levels are equal..still,the output volume of my Channel 1 is much lower than the Channel 2 (my main output pair). Are there any suggestions on what it could be? Any advice? Would really appreciate.Thank YOu!

The unit will need service...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

The unit will need service...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Any suggestion on where I would be able to do it? I am based in Berlin (Germany).