Topic: Fireface 800 Flashing Lights...

Just tried registering on the forum but email notification is taking a long time…

I have not used my FireFace for some time now and when I tried to start the FireFace Mixer – nothing happened.  Then I tried to access the FireFace settings (system tray), I got the same result -  nothing happened. 

So I restarted my PC (XP) and when the PC restarted I turned off the FF800.  I waited for the PC to reboot and when I got the desktop, turned on the FF800.  All the LEDs on the front panel started flashing in some strange repeatable pattern.

I’ve tried dozen’s of reboots/power-cycling with no luck.  Same result…

Rob Poretti

Rob Poretti
Poretti Productions
(I am *not* an ADAT user.)

Re: Fireface 800 Flashing Lights...

Power supply broken, most probably. Please contact your local distributor for repair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Just checked distributors on the RME site for Canada - and I have to ship this thing to the US?

Do you not have any service depots in Canada?

Rob Poretti
Poretti Productions
(I am *not* an ADAT user.)

If your unit is not covered by warranty anymore and if you have to ship your unit far from your country, you can also find electronic service shop; really not hard to replace elkos in the PSU unit. It will take you much less time an much less cost.

Please contact Synthax US.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Turned mine (FF800) on this morning to the same thing - endless flashing of all lights no matter what with an audio click to the same pace coming through the speakers

Please contact Synthax US.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME