Topic: How Can I Use AES and SPDIF RAYDAT INputs in PT9?

Hi:

I picked up the RayDAT to use with PT9.  However I only use 2 stereo converters, one AES and the other SPDIF/optical.

From the looks of it the RAY DAT won't allow me to use these in PT9.

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks.

Carl

Re: How Can I Use AES and SPDIF RAYDAT INputs in PT9?

Actually it's a limitation of PT9, not the RME card. You could use the loopback capability of the card to route these inputs to usable outputs (A1 1+2 and A1 3+4) for example. Then activate loopback and the signal will be present at the corresponding input channels. See the section of the manual titled "recording a subgroup" for details.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I'll try that.  I'm not using all the ADAT inputs.

Thanks

Sorry but Its not clear how I do that.  Under input 33-34 I have optioned click and selected 9-10 but i don't see the signal coming in 9-10.

I'm having a very hard time understanding how the internal mixer works.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=splW9OtTBYw

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks.

I have control clicked the outputs of AES L-R so they are red.  Not clear to me what inputs they go to.

Carl

That is incorrect. You'll have to route these inputs to unused ADAT channels. For instance, route AES In to ADAT 1/2 out, and SPDIF in to ADAT 3/4 out. Then activate loopback for ADAT 1/2 and ADAT 3/4 outputs. These are then "looped back" to ADAT 1/2 in and ADAT 3/4 in, respectively.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Actually.  I think I need to router the 33-34 to outputs 1-2 and then click those outputs and then they will become inputs 1-2.

I'll try that.

Carl

That worked.  I get it.  Pretty flexible once understood.

Thanks for your help.

Carl