Topic: Fireface 400: No signal in Audacity (MAC)

I just purchased my new Fireface 400.  I can record through Logic Pro but cannot get a signal into Audacity to record a stereo mix.  Any advice.

I have latest software 2.90 but unsure of firmware version. How do I find the firmware version on my MACBook Pro?

Cheers, Jack. HeadScratch

Re: Fireface 400: No signal in Audacity (MAC)

As long as you see a signal in the FF mixer (and in Logic), the rest would appear to be a configuration issue inside Audacity. If you're trying to record a mix from Logic into Audacity, the Loopback feature will help. Details are in the manual.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It appears the Loopback function is included with TotalMIX. I cannot find TotalMix for MAC. If I am missing something, can you point me to the section in the manual where I can enable Loopback on a MAC.

Totalmix is the generic name, yours is called Fireface Mixer and it's running in your dock.

As for Loopback, see the manual section titled "Recording a subgroup (Loopback)".

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by hittrax 2011-02-21 22:37:06)

I have, but the red label is not on screen. I am referring to page 74 of the manual.

Hold CTRL + click on the tag at the bottom of the channel strip (i.e. AN 1) to activate loopback.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff. I now have a signal into Audacity and the program is recording. I have one more question ..

The monitor volume is very loud. I am turning down sliders and the volume reduces but so does the recording level into Audacity. Sorry as I am new at this, but how do I keep the recording level and reduce the output monitor level?

Use the Fireface mixer to route the playback signal to a different output pair (any pair that is not connected to your monitors), then loopback that pair and record the corresponding input.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=splW9OtTBYw

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff.

Thanks for all your help today. Much appreciated.

Cheers, Jackson. :-)