Topic: Delayed Post-Sleep Wakeup of HDSPe Driver on MacBookPro3,1

This isn't a serious issue, but I'm just wondering why it takes around 5 minutes for the HDSPe card drivers to kick in after my MacBookPro3,1 (2007, 2.4 gHz) wakes up after being in deep sleep. I'm using the 2.76 OS X drivers on 10.6.6 with the HDSPe ExpressCard + Multiface.

Is this normal? Thanks.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

Re: Delayed Post-Sleep Wakeup of HDSPe Driver on MacBookPro3,1

Not an issue I've come across before, I must admit... Can you try to reproduce this on another Macbook?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

What happens when you take out the card and reinsert it? Is it detected at once then?

Daniel, I only have one MBP. And Timur, yes, if I remove and reinsert it, it's detected right away and in fact this is what I used to do until one day I woke my MBP, got busy with something else, and 5 minutes later it came up on its own. So now, unless I'm in a real hurry, I just wait for it, figuring it's less stressful than unplugging and re-plugging.

I'm sure it isn't easy to pin down as it could be a driver issue, an OS X issue, a mac hardware issue, a possible developing HDSPe hardware issue, or a combination of these. I do know that some sleep fixes were done for the latest drivers, but then something changes with every Mac update too.

Are more recent machines not behaving this way? Thanks.

I can try it on a 2010 MBP, not sure if I sent it to sleep before.

It's instantly on here.

Thanks for checking, Timur. It must be an idiosyncrasy of my "ancient" 2007 MBP. I just hope it's not a sign that my HDSPe is dying...