Topic: Naming I/Os

Please excuse me if this has an easy solution.

I recently got a new computer with  a RayDAT. I'm quickly getting used to it, but there is one thing that I cannot seem to figure out. First of all, I'm not sure if this is an issue that is to be addressed with the sound card or with my DAW, but I'll ask just to make sure. I'm using Adobe Audion 3 to record and mix with. I've got a 16 channel ADDA that I'm using for outboard gear during mixing. So basically when I go to add effects to a track, I'll look through a list of around 20 channels of I/Os (with premaps and SPDIF gear plugged in).

What I'm looking to do is to give custom names to those I/Os. I don't remember off hand exactly what the I/Os are called by default, but for example, instead of something like "[ADAT A] OUTPUT 3" I'd like it to say "~Compression" or "~Reverb" or whatever I want to name them. I know I'm just asking for extra icing on the cake with this one, but is there a way to do this? And if there is, would I do it by adjusting the sound card's settings or would I do it by adjusting some settings in Audition.

Thanks,
Steven

Re: Naming I/Os

This needs to be done in Audition.

In the RayDAT Mixer you can rename channels via rightclick.