Topic: HDSPe expresscard + Digiface1 freezes my laptop

Hi all

I have a major problem. I'm a owner of a Toshiba Qosmio X500-10U. Thats a very powerful Laptop. i7 processor, 6gig ram, Windows 7, fast as hell, so far so good.
Also i have a old Digiface1 with the old pcmcia cardbus. To use the Digiface further as my 24ch interface I buyed a HDSPe expresscard 'cos there is no pcmcia slot on my new Toshiba, just a express slot.
I installed all the necessary and newest drivers incl. the newest Digicheck 5.23

The problem shows up like this: Ok, express card pluged in and connected to the Digiface with the ada converters. Hammerfall DSP settings dialog sayed all in sync, Digiface all 3 green LED glow, no probs. I start Digicheck, set it to global meter to show up all 24 ch input values, all work fine and suddenly the whole computer starts to freezing more and more. End result of all is a totally freezed computer and I have to shut down by pressing the power button.
I had tried all possible values in the Digichek dialogue, set up the HDSPe to the newest firmware used old and new drivers... NO RESULT!!

anybody here for a helping idea?

thanks in advance,

Franky

Re: HDSPe expresscard + Digiface1 freezes my laptop

It seems to be that the problem solved itself after a bios update for my Qosmio laptop and set the power management to 'max performance'. Now testing......
Will post the results later....

Franky

Re: HDSPe expresscard + Digiface1 freezes my laptop

OK, test is done. Full success!!! Recordet 26 tracks (3 x ADAT + spdif) with 24bit/48Khz over 2 h without freezes or glitches. System now runs absolute rocksolid.

So my recommendation is a new updatet laptop bios and power management turned of, or set to maximum performance.

greetz,

Franky