Topic: Two quick UFX questions - standalone channel vol / using external FX

Hi Guys

Happy new year!

Just have two quick questions about the UFX.

1) This is a little embarrassing... I can't seem to work out how to control each channel volume when in standalone mode. I can do everything else on each channel but how can I set the levels for each channel when the UFX isn't connected to the computer?

2) Is there any way to use external effects with the UFX? Specifically, if I have a track in Logic and want to route it out via the UFX through an external effect unit, how would this work?

Thanks guys!
Mike

Re: Two quick UFX questions - standalone channel vol / using external FX

1) This is a little embarrassing... I can't seem to work out how to control each channel volume when in standalone mode. I can do everything else on each channel but how can I set the levels for each channel when the UFX isn't connected to the computer?

1. Press the channel button. Select the output channel and adjust the volume. For a mix of input channel volumes to this special output (bus), choose mix settings for analog/ADAT or AES inputs with encoder 2 and set the volume for every individual channel. Inputs of course don´t have an own volume setting without a routing destination to an output.

2) Is there any way to use external effects with the UFX? Specifically, if I have a track in Logic and want to route it out via the UFX through an external effect unit, how would this work?

Just like on any other interface/mixer. Route the effect output to an UFX output (e. g. AES Out) and back into an input into Logic (e. g. AES In).

best regards
Knut