Topic: Multiface with Windows 7 and Cubase 6

Hi,

I have just upgraded my computer to Windows 7 64-bit, and Cubase 6.0.0.

On my previous system, using XP and Cubase versions through SX1 to Cubase 5, everything just worked. Now, however, it doesn't, and I have forgotten what to do - I have had my system for a very long time, and have never really had to tinker with it for years!

So, I have an original Multiface, and a PCI interface. I have installed what I believe to be the latest driver which is version 3.0.8.5 using installer hdsp_wdm_3085. My hardware was already flash updated to Version 17.

In Cubase, I am having a number of problems. The first is that the analogue outputs that I want to use (3&4 because 1&2 no longer work!) are listed in "Device Setup" as "inactive" and I can't remember how to change them to active. Also, if I click on "Control Panel" in the Hammerfall section of the Cubase Device Setup, Cubase locks up. I have tried this with the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Cubase 6 with the same result.

I also have to admit that I can't remember how to use the RME Mixer, so please be gentle with me:-) All I want to do is enbable Analogue Outputs 3 & 4 to allocate to the main stereo bus in Cubase.

Any tips gratefully received.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Multiface with Windows 7 and Cubase 6

Ok, mostly sorted. "Control Panel" still locks up Cubase, but I can live with that.

I had to do a "Refresh" in VTS Connections to get the correct active ports.

Re: Multiface with Windows 7 and Cubase 6

LOL was typing that as advice when you answered yourself....Good work! and good luck too!!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632