Topic: babyface + multiface vst system link adat

Hi,

I cant seem to get vst system link in cubase working with the babyface, multiface set up. I use ADAT to connect them together.

I can use the multiface cubase to control the babyface cubase. However, not the other way around. I am wondering if this is due to the babyface having no word clock. Although, I thought vst system link didnt use word clock.

Would appreciate any help

cheers
n

Re: babyface + multiface vst system link adat

no replies whatsoever! ??

ive tried for days and cannot seem to make vst system link work on my rme babyface and multiface

i bought the new babyface for this specific reason, so its a huge kick in the teeth for me.

everyone I speak to seems to think vst system link is fine over all rme products, but on babyface it seems to be not ok.

please help!

N

There is no specific reason for the BF to not work with VSL. In principle, all that is required is a bit-transparent 24-bit audio transfer. Make sure no other signals interfere with the channels used for the purpose. Try to reset the mixer (Options/Reset Mix/Total Reset).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i tried all of this and everything else that could possibly be causing a problem, such as turning on no sounds in control panel and turning off any programs that could be running sound.

it simply will not work. i have tried every single setting over the last 4 days, reset the mixers, switched cables, everything. it just sends sync information one way only.

would love to get this fixed, as its been quite a big investment

Who is clock master and who is clock slave in this setup? Can you provide screenshots of TM FX and the settings dialogs of the cards?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by newt 2011-02-19 09:38:49)

MC wrote:

Who is clock master and who is clock slave in this setup? Can you provide screenshots of TM FX and the settings dialogs of the cards?

Multiface is clock master http://postimage.org/image/mcnjgfz8/8cf961be/

Babyface is clock slave http://postimage.org/image/mcsi2hgk/e2ec2ca6/

PS: in the babyface image, the out is set to spdif, but normally i use adat, it doesnt make any difference either way

The mixers are all reset and ive tried every configuration in the config

Cheers

bump!