Topic: Help needed on playback devices on W7 with AIO

Hello,

I'm using W7 64 bit with a RME AIO sound card.
After installing the aio card and latest drivers, the rme playback devices appear in the audio devices list.
When a restart the pc, the rme playback devices have disappeared from the audio devices list.
Deleting the driver and reinstalling the driver doesn't solve the problem.
After installing the card in another slot and reinstalling the latest  drivers, the rme playback devices are back in the audio devices list.
When a restart the pc, the playback devices have disappeared again from the audio devices list.
Why are these playback devices removed from the audio devices?

Thank you for helping.

Re: Help needed on playback devices on W7 with AIO

Which driver version have you installed and are you referring to a list in the control panel?
Do the settings and mixer open, does the card work with ASIO software?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Driver version 3.08.5.
The card is working with ASIO (via J.River Mediaplayer 15).
Start-Control panel-Hardware and sound-Manage audio devices-playback tab : only Remote Audio device available, no RME playback devices.

Do the settings and mixer open?

Are only the playback devices gone or the record devices too?

Is ASIO still working? Try DIGICheck.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The settings and mixer do open.
The record devices are gone too.
I've installed Digicheck, but can't get a signal. In the Input device setup, I've selected 'Chanel=AES-EBU' and 'Source=Playback'. In the channel status display, I get 'No channel status data available from selected device'.

Ok, so that means you have no WDM devices, but the card is there and can be configured.

Your DIGICheck test seems to have been wrong (there is no Channel Status display for outputs, only for inputs). Clock mode Master and Lopback in the mixer or external cable loopback.

Or: Use the 4 Bar or Global Level Meter on the inputs, you should at least see the self-noise of the analog inputs. Check with Hardware and ASIO as input source (F3). If ASIO works then the problem is limited to the vanishing of the WDM functionality.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

When using he Global Level Meter on the inputs, I can see the self-noise of the analog inputs.
I can confirm ASIO is working (only ASIO is working).

If only ASIO works then most probably the audio service in Windows is stopped (you tried to tune the system?).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No. What service are you referring to?

Check that under Administrative Tools > Services > Windows Audio is set to run Automatically and is Started.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Service is running and set to run atomatically.
I was referring to JRMC15. In this program I can only use ASIO since I have no WDM devices (wasapi, kernel streaming).
How can I get these devices back?

How can you have WDM devices in JRMC if these are already missing in the system (Control Panel Sound)? Or did I get this wrong? WASAPI might not be working as the driver not properly supports this IIRC. Did you try Direct Sound in JRMC?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Indeed, you got this wrong. In JRMC I can only use asio. Wasapi or kernel streaming is NOT working since the WDM devices are missing.
That is my problem : the missing WDM devices.
How can I get these devices back?

I'm having the exact same issue: everything works 100% in ASIO mode (Wavelab, Cubase, Ableton Live), but the only RME device visible in Windows Control Panel / Sounds is analog in.

I installed the latest firmware + drivers a week ago and only now noticed this issue.

Help is very much appreciated!

My card is HDSP(e) AIO and my OS is Windows 7 x64.

I am having the same issue. Tried two different Motherboards Intel P55 and Zotac P55 with win7 64 no Audio, Master Clock shows: Sysytem Clock / Mode: MASTER. Frequency :24414Hz. When the card is placed into any system running Win7 32 everthing opertaes perfectly. Drivers :3085... any ideas how to resolve.. Thanks