Topic: Upgraded to HDSPe AES card & lost 2 channels on Mytek 8x192

Just in case anyone has any ideas here,  Iā€™m throwing up a quick post.

My set up is:  3 Mytek 8x192's with 2 HDSPe AES cards, and running OS X 10.66

I recently went to an Intel Mac and decided up upgrade to the HDSPe cards from my RME PCIx AES 32 cards to the new PCIe versions.

Anyway, after installing my cards, I have 2 dead channels on my second Mytek 8x192 converter.  By 'dead' I mean that there's no VU signal or audio into the Mytek.  I double checked TotalMix and my Aggregate Device set up and everything seemed fine.

To check the converter, I switched back to my old G5 Mac (with the PCIx RME AES 32 cards) and the converter worked fine.

I also switched cables on my various Mytek 8x192ā€™s and the problems with the specific Mytek continued.

Anyone know of any 'checked box' in the RME software or any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

- ALLEN

Re: Upgraded to HDSPe AES card & lost 2 channels on Mytek 8x192

'Professional' Output format. If you want to check that the card is ok just do a loopback on these cannels.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Upgraded to HDSPe AES card & lost 2 channels on Mytek 8x192

PROBLEM SOLVED  ~

Thanks for the reply Matthias!

Yes, in the HDSPe Settings window,  -> Output Format section,  I had forgotten to check the PROFESSIONAL box.

I thought I had checked it, but apparently not!  It was strange because ONLY channels 3 and 4 on my second Mytek 8x192 didn't work.  Every other channel was fine.

Those 'checked box' oversights will cause problems!  I'm happy the forum helped with the answer so quickly!!!

Here's a pic of the box i had failed to check, just to be thorough.

- ALLEN

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m237/allenwrench/RME_HDSPe_settings.jpg