Topic: HDSP 9652: ADAT Sync with Pro Tools 9 (Windows 7)

Hi,
I'm using the HDSP 9652 with Pro Tools 9 on Windows 7. Now I'm trying to find a way to "almost sample accurate" lock the system to my MAC DAW. Simply using MTC/MMC via MIDI IN is not working very well, positional information is drifting within 1 frame (40ms) each time I record something.
So now I'm feeding the 9652 ADAT Sync Input with the ADAT Sync Output of a Motu Digital Timepiece and in the Hammerfall DSP Settings window I can see the corresponding Time Code that my DAW puts out. So far, so good.
But how can a software, in my case PT 9, recognize the positional information coming from the ADAT Sync Signal? In PT Peripherals Setup only the 2 MIDI-Ports of the 9652 are available, how can I route the ADAT Sync positional information to the software?

best regards

Re: HDSP 9652: ADAT Sync with Pro Tools 9 (Windows 7)

Due to the enormous amount of replies I guess it's not a good idea to think about using ADAT Sync nowadays anymore ;-)

Re: HDSP 9652: ADAT Sync with Pro Tools 9 (Windows 7)

As mentioned in the manual the ADAT Sync translates to APP (ASIO) which is not available on the Mac. Therefore we never added it there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME