Topic: FF400 code 10 error

Hello,

I have recently re-formatted my C drive and cant get my FF400 up and running. I am on XP.
If I try to install manually with the CD which came with the product all I get is a crash when installing drivers.
Installing with the latest drivers appears to work but leaves a code 10 error "This device cannot start" in the properties/general window. The location is listed as unknown. In the details tab/device instance Id I get ROOT\UNKNOWN\0000.
I have tried installing many times and this is as far as I get.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Anton

Re: FF400 code 10 error

Did you follow the install procedure as detailed here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I have uninstalled and unplugged,rebooted,turned off and plugged in FF, then when turning on I am not getting the install new hardware window.
I have been installing using the add hardware wizard and even get unusable RME icons in the tray. The FF is toggled to power off the PC and switches on with it.

Anton

bump...the sound of a head bouncing on a wall...

Do you see any "Unknown Device" or "Multimedia Audio Controller" in Device Manager, with a yellow ! mark?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

The FF400 is in device manager with a yellow mark. In properties tab/properties/properties the drivers are listed as enabled and functioning properly in audio devices,midi devices and mixer devices. In properties/general/device status I get a code 10 error "this device cannot start". I installed the FF400 with add hardware wizard, windows is not seeing it as new hardware.

When my PC went down before reformatting I got a message that overclocking settings were reset to default. As the FF was plugged in at this time, could this be responsible ?

Thanks for any help.

You can not correctly install without hardware detection.
Can you test the device with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME