Topic: Rme AIO : No midi signal

Hello,

I try to connect my midi keyboard on my aio card, but without success. I see in Cubase 5 entry "AIO midi ", but nothing goes in and nothing comes out.
when i select the windows midi output in the options>preferences in the aio card, I hear nothing, whereas if I put the windows midi output directly into cubase, it works

I have Windows 7 x64, the latest driver and revision 11.
Help me please
Thank you

Re: Rme AIO : No midi signal

I'm testing with windows 7 x86, same result sad

I'have all changed : cables, config, keyboard : the bug comes form AIO card

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!! :censored:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored

Please be more specific. What exactly do you expect to come in and out, and what would you like to hear where? Are you aware of the fact that there is no MIDI synthesizer on the AIO?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by Noufnouf 2011-03-05 22:36:24)

Yes of course I know there is no MIDI synthesizer on the AIO card.
I'm trying to connect my midi keyboard on my computer. I use Cubase 5 and I see in the inputs and outputs of my midi track "aio midi" Ok! I plug my midi keyboard properly on my card, I play, no signal is detected.
There is no output signal either in midi. (I did a lot of test)
Thank you

SN 22906361
rev 1.3

Ok, can you test this with other software? Or another MIDI keyboard? Or test the connection with Midiox?
Does the card work fine otherwise?
If the breakout cable proves to be defective, please contact the retailer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have test with an other keyboard, and an other sequencer, and this software : http://www.sonelec-musique.com/logiciel … itest.html
no success.
I'll try with midi ox.
On a French forum they talk about this problem of midi, which seems quite common
http://fr.audiofanzine.com/carte-son-in … entre.html

this does not work either with midi ox...

I bought it used, I don't know if the seller has always the warranty. indeed, this is a manufacturing fault, you suck, why I have a problem with my card which is so expensive? rme is not supposed to be crap, right?

Thanks for the insult. We always appreciate honest opinions...

Maybe the MIDI breakout cable is simply defective. These things can happen, especially with used gear . Our french distributor, SCV, will gladly sell you a new one. If the seller promised a fully working card, please return it or ask for compensation. Thread closed.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME