Topic: rme madi hdsp+soundcraft/ allen&heath/digico stagebox

hello,
I am considering setting up a recording DAW with one or two rme madi hdspe-e cards in combination with soundcraft Vi or compact stagebox, A&H Ilive stagebox or digico stagebox.

- does somebody know if i can or can´t successfully record 64 analog channels in any of this  combinations?
- is it possible to remote preamp gain and phantom - and how? via midi - midi over madi? does rme totalmix contain this feature?
- is it possible to extract the madi stream out of soundcrafts ethernet port and adapt it to bnc?
here is the pinout:
1 MADI RxD +
2 MADI RxD –
3 MADI TxD +
4 WCLK TxD/RxD +
5 WCLK TxD/RxD –
6 MADI TxD –

- wich one do you consider best for recording classical music?

t h a n k s for your input!
xlarge

Re: rme madi hdsp+soundcraft/ allen&heath/digico stagebox

- Recording should work fine with any setup - even with just one MADI card.
- For informaton on remote control and MADI extraction, please contact the manufacturers... Totalmix does not control third-party preamps.
- I don't see how either of these combinations should be better suited for classical recordings than the others...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: rme madi hdsp+soundcraft/ allen&heath/digico stagebox

Hi,

in standalone mode you need a seperate controller for th headamps! As far as I know, it´s doable with the SC´s.
The Compact is only 48 Channel max.! (standalone and/ or. with desk).

You should ask your lokal distributor. Madi < > Cat 5, don´t know, but it could be a handy tool, not only for recording!

The Digico are 56 Channel max!

A&H is 64, but I have never used them.

I guess the cheapest way is A&H + their smallest desk (rack size) to control the head Amps. Vi2 Package comes next, followed by SD24.

Regards

FF UCX - ADI 8 QS(DOTec Madi/Usb i64) - Madi HDSPe(Tco 4)