Topic: Driver question - Multiface 1 / PCI card - MacPro

Hello. I just got a new MacBook Pro and am now using my FireFace 800 with it.  This leaves my MacPro tower without an interface, as I was using my FF800 with it while my Multiface/cardbus worked on my (now defunct) Powerbook G4.  I'm hoping to hook up my Multiface to my MacPro tower circa 2008 (2.66 Ghz dual Intel - PCI card, not PCIe).  So I scored this PCI card on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … _500wt_951) and need to hook it up to my MacPro with Multiface.
What drivers / updates do I need to perform so I don't mess up the Multiface and get it working with my MAcPro?  I can't tell if the current drivers listed on the downloads section of the RME site will work for my setup since it's a bit outdated.  I don't want to fry my Multiface and don't want to buy another if this will work for me.  Thanks in advance for any tips! :-)

Re: Driver question - Multiface 1 / PCI card - MacPro

Which OS version is on that tower?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Which OS version is on that tower?

OSX 10.6.6

The Mac Pro does not have any PCI slots, only PCIe. There never was an Intel-based Mac Pro with PCI, even the last G5 has PCIe only. You'll need the HDSPe PCI.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.