Topic: Lost cadbus connection and RME drives after automatic update.

Hello everybody.

Desperetly need help.

So the system is :

ASus Laptop G71 with Vista 32 bit running Pyramix 6.2.x and RME Madiface (Was running XP sp3 up to now). It's been working great for 2 years. Also had an MAudio 1814 installed via firewire. This system is part of a mobile kit and for that reason is mostly disconnected from any internet service. I could swap between the Maudio and the Madiface easily before.

I know for sure the system updated itself recently . Especially its Realtek audio driver and by doing so the RME drivers AND the cardbus system got uninstalled.

Now, the express card is simply inactive. I tried my Madiface kit on another laptop and it works fine. 

I also tried to restore to a previous system state with Acronis or the Windows Restore utility. It won't do. I can't seem to either recover the RME drivers and the cardbus or simply re-install drivers.

Of course, if the cardbus does not work, the computer can't see the Madiface and I can't install any drivers for it.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Carl Talbot
Musicom Productions

Re: Lost cadbus connection and RME drives after automatic update.

Hi Carl,

It's possible the Realtek driver and/or related effects app interferes with the startup of the RME mixer/settings apps. I have seen this in the past. The solution was to update the driver with the latest version from the Realtek website, or just disable the useless app from running at startup (RTHDCPL.exe).

Does the MADIface get detected in Device Manager? Do you see any yellow ! marks next to any entries there?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.