Topic: Fireface 800 and WIndows 7 64 bit

Hi, im thinking of buying a second-hand Fireface 800, will both new and older models work with Windows 7 64bit, any known issues???
Thanks

Re: Fireface 800 and WIndows 7 64 bit

Hi,

no known issues... All FFs work well with Win7.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thats great thanks

4 (edited by kasaudio 2011-02-23 19:06:57)

Hi,

I don't actually agree with that. Som of FF800 crackle on phones output after required firmware 2.77 upgrade.

Since curing such unit to work with win 7 (3.xxx series driver) takes you unestimated cost of repair or "small hardware modification", you should check FF800 before buying it. Firmware is officialy not downgradable, but on this forumyou should find a "crack" to revert back to 2.47 in case it crackles.

regards, kasaudio

kasaudio wrote:

Hi,

I don't actually agree with that. Som of FF800 crackle on phones output after required firmware 2.77 upgrade.

Since curing such unit to work with win 7 (3.xxx series driver) takes you unestimated cost of repair or "small hardware modification", you should check FF800 before buying it. Firmware is officialy not downgradable, but on this forumyou should find a "crack" to revert back to 2.47 in case it crackles.

regards, kasaudio

OK thanks i will certainly keep that in mind

Complete garbage. My acer with windows 7 pro and fireface 3 driver DOES NOT WORK after 2 weeks of RME support and install struggles.

mjumaga wrote:

My acer with windows 7 pro and fireface 3 driver DOES NOT WORK after 2 weeks of RME support and install struggles.

Have you talked to Acer about this?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

My brand new Fireface 400 is also having problems on my MacBook Pro running windows 7 through Bootcamp.  My old m-audio 410 and a mbox2 work fine.  There def seems to be a rme driver issue of some sort.  Maybe I have a defective unit.  I hope I get this resolved because I love the sound of the Fireface, and TotalMix is incredible.

mjumaga wrote:

Complete garbage. My acer with windows 7 pro and fireface 3 driver DOES NOT WORK after 2 weeks of RME support and install struggles.

what acer system do you have..

Just a quick update. I sent my unit in for service and it was replaced with a new unit.  The whole process took less than a week.  My new fireface 400 has been working flawlessly on both win 7 through bootcamp and osx on my mac book pro.  Drivers are rock solid. Great unit.  I will be using this when I travel, and getting a ufx for my home studio.