Topic: Please help whit HDSP 9652 in W7+64

Hello friends, really need help with installation and update of my hdsp9652 in W7 +64. I do not get it work or upgrade Flash. Followed the instructions as stated in the readme file and I could not. I first installed the driver and w7 if they recognized the sound card, but then I can not update Flash. The file "hdsp_wdm_fut.exe" does not work! And dont know what else to do, please can you help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Please help whit HDSP 9652 in W7+64

Which driver did you install and how?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

First I installed the driver file that comes within the "hdsp_wdm_3085.zip" as is in the readme.txt. Then I rebooted and tried to update the flash with the "fut_wdm_dsp.zip" and nothing. What is it that proffers be wrong?
Greetings and thanks.

Is the driver correctly installed, i.e. can you open settings and mixer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The driver looks like correctly installed (and appears well on the task manager). But neither the mixer or the settings work. The icons appear next to the clock, but do not work.
Greetings and thanks.

Hello again, I have to a card "rme madi face" and I tried to install the drivers in w7 64, the problem is similar to what happens with my "HDSP 9652" but in this case to start w7-64 appears a blue screen announcing that there is a problem with the file "hdsp_64.sys"?? I think the problem of both cards is in 64bits driver, (in w7 +86 (32 bits) there is no problem).

sorry for my English.

alquimio wrote:

The driver looks like correctly installed (and appears well on the task manager). But neither the mixer or the settings work. The icons appear next to the clock, but do not work.
Greetings and thanks.

Please check the Device Manager. When settings and mixer don't open then the card is most probably not listed as working there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC!
I can't get win 7 to see the HDSP 9652 hardware at all
I have a RME HDSP 6952 PCI
in one of my Recording systems.
My win 7 64b won't see it.
Even in device mgr with a rescan.
It worked great on XP pro 32.
I ran  hdsp_wdm_fut.
It didn't seem to do anything.
Asus P6X58DE MOTHERBOARD.
Any ideas?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Michael Hodge

Maybe you just need to clean the PCI gold contacts of the card with a rubber pencil and it will be detected again. Otherwise check it in another computer. Or did you have it in the computer while you installed Windows? Then it might be in device manager found under View / deactivated devices or similar.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias!
I will check the view thing. I did have it in the computer when I installed win7 actually. It worked fine the day before.
Also can I run 2 of these cards for 48 adat channels?
Blessings!
Michael

Sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Do you think 2 cards would be happy in an expansion chassis?

Basically yes. It depends on the quality of the expansion chassis. We have seen terrible PCI to PCI before. Magma is good but not cheap...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Cool!I have a Magma!