Topic: Advise needed on firewire cable

First time poster. I need advise on firewire cables. I record a lot of audio wireless and yesterday one of my generic firewire 800 cables began to leak, creating interference on the frequencies I use. Today I tested all my available cables and most leaked a little around the plugs (and the replacement Belkin cable I bought was unusable, it was a huge transmitter). The only cable which didn't leak at all was the firewire 400 cable which came with my fireface 400. The local mac shop where i bought the fireface can't order these cables, but they thought they were made by Alva. Can you confirm this? Basically I need a specific recommendation for a firewire 800 cable which is very well shielded and is reliable.
Thanks

Re: Advise needed on firewire cable

Sandro,
I dealt with an issue like this once. Would it be too much to ask for some samples of the noise you were getting in proximity to the FW cables and also without? 10sec of each would be great. Assuming you still have the wireless and weren't renting.
Thanks
Andrew

Andrew,
I didn't record it, caught it in time and nixed the external harddrive (I have an expresscard 34 as backup solution), but it's just white noise. When it's just leakage from around the plugs, it doesn't interfere much, just keep it a meter away from the receiving station and it's workable. But now I want a real solution, just good, well shielded cables.
Thanks,
Sandro

According to their web site they are a partner of RME.

http://www.alva-audio.de/en_index.php

Thanks 19 frets,
I found a webshop in the Netherlands which sells alva cables, but confusingly they note that this cable is only suitable for RME protocol and can not be used as a normal firewire cable. I can't find anything confirming this on alva's website. I need this to connect an external harddisk.

ALVA FireWire cables are working of course with all RME FireWire interfaces or other equipment (hard disc, cameras ...). The RME protocol for Multiface/Digiface is not the FireWire protocol, but works with a standard FireWire cable. ALVA is indeed partner of RME and produces not only standard cables, but also special customized products (Rackmounts) and cables (Babyface breakout, extension cable).

best regards
Knut

Thank you Knut,
Ordering some cables