Topic: Babyface popping my monitors when I power up

Hi folks,

I have a BF attached to active monitors and when I power up my Mac there's a distinct pop.

Any way to deal with this apart from powering up the monitors after booting the computer?

Cheers,

Andy.

2 (edited by ggc 2011-03-24 00:06:17)

Re: Babyface popping my monitors when I power up

Hey Andy)

yes, same here... i turn my monitors on after i turn on power on laptop (the pop occurs in the first waking second of powering up)...
- whats nice is that i can power down after sessions without having to think about pops... thats when i usually forget to turn off monitors b4 powering down...

edit: maybe its different now (prolly not) but, pops are common place when powering up gear connected to monitors/pa's/high end speakers with valve amps or whatever... (at least for me)

cheers=)

3 (edited by Timur 2011-03-24 05:57:49)

If you are using a Macbook try swapping the 2-prong vs. 3-prong plug of the Mac's power-supply. Other than that it's simply a thing of mass and electric circuitry and the reason why many amps power up "slowly" for many years already.

kewl, slowly power up... smile

Hm, doesn't happen with my FF800.

I'm wondering if there's anything RME might be able to do about it in firmware or driver updates?

You can turn down the Fireface's output amp to -10 dBv, that should cause a lesser pop.