Topic: Fireface UC problem + update error

I’ve been busy all day long to try to get my new FFUC working.
I have a Macbook Pro, snow leopard, latest update.
I’ve installed the  latest ffuc driver_usb_mac.
I’ve got 2 problems

1.    The biggest problem is that my music is played faster and in a higher pitch in both Ableton Live and Cubase.
FF usb setting: sample rate 44100, I don’t know what the other settings should be, I tried to read the manual, but I really it all sounds like abracadabra to me ( I’m a girl)
2.   From the CD Rom I’ve tried to install FIRE FACE FLASH UPDATE ( the info was:
revision: 112,

however I don’t completely understand if this means if everything is really up to date because I can still select the UPDATE button and the update excist out of 3 steps in total. When I do select UPDATE (from step one) everything goes fine  untill I reach
REVISION 112

I can select UPDATE
But there is also the message: Switch off the Fireface for the update to become active.
So I switch the FFUC off and press UPDATE
Then I get the message:
Revision : 112
I never reached step 2 of the updating process…

I hope someone/an administrator can help me out !

Re: Fireface UC problem + update error

Since it says "Up to date" you don't have to update the firmware at all. When you switch off the unit, then press update again, the firmware can't go into the unit (because it's turned off).

In other words, this is fine and expected behavior. Normally, after it says "Success" you should click OK then switch off the unit as prompted.

As for the sample rate, this is strange. What is the sample rate of your projects in Cubase and Ableton?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank for the quick reply !

Go give you aditional info : I just switched from pc to mac, but i guess this has nothing to do with is, even when i create a new Live project eveything is pitched. Everything played through the intern soundcard of laptop is fine

Ableton live: IN/OUT SAMPLE RATE 44100
Cubase: SAMPLE RATE 44100

To be more clear the :
Ableton live: IN/OUT SAMPLE RATE 44100
Cubase: SAMPLE RATE 44100

are like this in the projects i open, so not only when i create a new project

I'm still hoping for an answer soon ...PLEASE HELP

Problem is now solved.I've called to the support of my country, and i've been helped very good.  I've switched once to another sample rate, and then returned to 44100 and it's working fine now !