Topic: Fireface UFX - no function, then clipping, then OK

Hi everybody from Italy,

I would like to share a message I just sent to the Technical Support; if some of you have or had my problems, or have something to suggest, a reply would be precious and useful.

I'm a newcomer and maybe I'm not doing everything I need to do with the fireface UFX to make it work properly. I also own a Presonus Firestudio, never had a problem in the same studio environment and that makes me think maybe there's something wrong with the FF UFX.

This problem is rather annoying, I still manage to work after two minutes or so, but I would like to fix it as soon as possible.

"Dear Sirs,

my name is Luigi Cassarini and I'm writing from Italy.

I own a Fireface UFX; when I start the unit, it is completely silent, even when it receives audio signal from my keyborads; after a while I experience clips from all analog inputs of my Fireface UFX. The problem seems related to some static electricity; when I touch the metal chassis or try to insert some jacks or in the unit, the problem disappears in seconds, then the unit starts to function.

This happens in standalone mode and also when connected to my PC.

I followed all the instructions in the manual, the apparatus is earthed, I'm using a proper power cord.

Have you got any further suggestions? I'm trying to identify the cause, but I still haven't understood whether it's my electric scheme or Fireface's fault.

I rely on your help, a prompt response will be highly appreciated. Your Fireface is a great piece of hardware and apart from this incovenient I'm so satisfied that I'm recommending it to everyone making serious audio.

Best regards

Luigi Cassarini"

Re: Fireface UFX - no function, then clipping, then OK

Same problem here...my UFX's gone to repair...
I don't know exactly what's the problem but if you search in the forum, you'll find several persons having the same issue...

Asus P5Q Pro / Core 2 Quad Q9300 / 8Go DDR2 PC8500 / Win7 x64 / Sonar X1 / RME FF UFX / UAD-2 Duo x2