Topic: Notebook for mobile recording and home mixing in connection with FF800

Hi There,

I'm looking for a notebook solution for mobile recording and mixing at home. I will use cubase
or reaper as daw, probably protools in future.

Which notebook (win 7 or mac) would be the best solution?

I would like to use my external hd (USB,Firewire,e-sata) and of course the FF800.

Whats the best solution, or at least the one that works with the least problems?

Thank you very much.

Greeting from switzerland.

Pascal

Re: Notebook for mobile recording and home mixing in connection with FF800

Check for ADK audio, or test before you buy.

Id should be avaible in switzerland. Check is not easy. What about macbook pro?

Are there any FF800 User, who could recomend their notebook? What about actual macbook pro? Or something from HP, Lenovo ?

I got one from ADK(in my sig), shipping will cost you some money but it's worth it:-)

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)

HP 8710w with win xp sp3.

nvidia quadro fx 1600M
intel core duo T7200
ricoh chipset (i guess)

works rock solid for me, but it is a little old now. Bought it new in spring 2008

HP8730w I also own, is powerful but not so FF800 friendly. A lot of problems before it began to offer acceptable performance.
My next machine will be something ADK. I'm sick of fighting with wlans, graphics,...

If you go desktop, I recommend asus mobo with i7 and win xp sp3. That is also configuration I own and I mus say it is far the best for dsp of all other pc's I own. No cracks, dropouts and difficulties of any kind, just pure sound. The only drawback is immobility.

Thanx a lot for the HP tipp. That is what I am looking for. Has somebody a newer model he could recommend?
Does everybody use XP? Or are there any win 7 Users?

Use xp if possible. Right now I'm migrating back to xp from win7. In fact everything worked with win7, but stability and robustnes are nothing compared to xp. At home everything works fine, real life shows different story.

About HP notebooks mentioned above; HP8710w is better than 8730w for FF800 using win xp. Don't know newer models, but I'm shure next will be ADK.

Thanx a lot for your support. So an HP8710w with XP would be an option. Any other ideas?

Are there really no mac users?

What about macbooks with windows os?

I cannot tell you about the 2011 Macbook Pros with ATI graphic yet. The 2010 ones have issues with the Nvidia driver on Windows (which NVidia promised to fix finally). There is a workaround though.