Topic: HSDPe Cardbus card & express card adapter in Mac and Cubase

This weird...

My Digiface system works nicely on PC - no problem there. However, using the RMA cardbus interface via an express slot adapter on my Macbook Pro 17", Total mix sees all the inputs, and the meters run perfectly, but Cubase 4 won't pick up the signals at all - and yet the ASIO driver is presenting all the correct information.

Help?!?

Re: HSDPe Cardbus card & express card adapter in Mac and Cubase

Which OS is the Macbook running? I understand the Duel Adapter does not work in Snow Leopard.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Your adapter seems to be incompatible.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Seems strange that Totalmix sees the signal, but Cubase doesn't... so, what's the solution?

There may not be a solution, which adapter do you use?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

OK... I'm getting confused here... The Digiface is connecting correctly - all the LEDs that should be lit are lit. Totalmix is seeing all the signals as it should. So, that kinda makes me think that the problem is not in the adapter, lead or breakout box... It seems to be between Totalmix and Cubase... Driver??

Just because TotalMix works does not mean the adapter is passing the data correctly. Is this the Duel Adapter or not????

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Have you tested this with other software, e.g. RME Digicheck?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Not thus far - I'll pull it all together tomorrow when I'm back in the studio and see where we get - I've also updated the drivers.

Not sure what you mean by "duel adapter". The cardbus/expresscard adapter is a Startech CB2EC - it appears to be working correctly.

The RME card is the HDSP Cardbus card, serial 22481600.

That adapter:  http://us.startech.com/product/CB2EC-Ca … rd-Adapter

As I say, it seems to be functioning OK, otherwise I don't know how Totalmix could get signal.

We had another report here that this particular adapter does not work on a Macbook Pro.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4741

Do you see the RME device in System Preferences / Sound Output? The Duel Adapter from Duel Systems is a similar product that was known to work in Leopard, but is not supported at all in Snow Leopard.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Everything but Cubase is aware of the RME device, apparently. Cubase even finds the right ports, correctly named. Totalmix shows everything working correctly, meters metering away like meters should, but there's no signal to Cubase - nothing at all, not even white noise.

Can you try playback from iTunes (for instance) to see if the card can pass audio out?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello, do you guys know an adapter compatible with snow leopard? 

Any report on the AJ-PCD2G Memory Card Drive working on snow leopard?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

Hifi: As far as I understand (the manual) Totalmix does not have to receive any audio data to display meter, because the meters are calculated in hardware. So what Totalmix receives and displays is just the already calculated levels it gets from the cardbus/Digiface.

It's likely similar to the experience of Fireface users with old revision LSI/Agere Firewire chipsets. You cannot use audio, but you can change settings and use Midi, because this data is transferred differently to audio data.

Anyone RME feel free to correct me. wink