1 (edited by gkilsti 2011-04-08 01:24:10)

Topic: Wanted feature: Assignable Cue output (instead of Main)

Hi!

Is it possible to get a new option in the Settings menu to specify which output you want the Cue to be sent to?

My typical scenario is that I play the piano and sing, together with a small group of singers.
My centerpiece is the UFX of course, running monitors for the singers, floor (mono) monitor for me (vocal),
stereo monitors for my keys and then the Main feed to the PA (An1/2, XLRs). (which I don't want to
All of these has a different mix of my keys and vocals.

I'd like very much to have the possibility to just tap in and monitor the different output feeds using a pair of headphones (Ph.9/10)
or my stereo Keys monitors (An.3/4) without affecting the Main output.

Also it would be very convenient to have the option to force all Solos to be sent to a specific output, without affecting the current bus,
(of course muting the rest on that particular output)
just like on an analog mixer pressing PFL, where the output is sent to the phones,
and when there is no PFLs/Solos pressed, that output goes back to it's original function (well this part you already have smile

This way I can use the solo buttons on my MCU to listen to any input using my monitor or phones, without having to
think about selecting the proper bus first. Much quicker in a live situation and more like working an analog mixer.

Yes, I know that I can reassign the XLRs to any output, but I like to have the PA output as Main and have the
flexibility to listen in to an input or an output and get the signal to different outputs depending on what's convenient
(typically phones during soundcheck and a monitor during live). Would be nice to be able to change this output
without having to rearrange the submixes.

...and then a remote with a few buttons (6?) and a dial that can be selected to work as either output channel volume or an output-bus-cue-selector.
This way you could have the most convenient functions easily accessible on a remote smile

all these wishes...

Geir.

Re: Wanted feature: Assignable Cue output (instead of Main)

I always select my phones as mains to be able to cue outputs, and the xlr for the PA.
Would be nice to have a "monitor" window in the control room section with the CUE ability + mains and subwoofer with a crossover and limiter for the PA.

I think RME overlooked that the UFX will not only be used in studios.
Some LIVE features please!

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording