Topic: Raydat ADAT sync question

Hello all;

I am new to RME products and this forum. I just received my Raydat, and am very happy with the installation; very quick no problems. I have the Raydat hooked up to 2 Creamware A16 Ultra converters, for a total of 32 analog I/O. Everything works fine with no strange artifacts. However, when I look in the settings window, ADATs 1 & 2 show sync, But 3 & 4 show no lock. The raydat is the master. As stated before, everything sounds fine.
Did I miss some sort of internal connection???

I am running XP on a core 2 duo, running Nuendo 3, Sonar, Reaper, Sound Forge 10, 3-UAD-1 cards, 4GB Ram.

thanks to all in advance.

Tony

Re: Raydat ADAT sync question

There is only a ribbon cable inside that connects the daughter card to the main card. Make sure this is connected. Then tell us how you have configured clocking between these 3 digital devices, and how you have cables connected.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff.

I am on the road till Monday. will report back then

Tony

I don't see what the result of this was, but I'm having the same sync problem with ADAT 3 and 4.  I've checked and the ribbon cable appears to be correctly connected.  I am getting visible output signal on both ADAT 3 and 4 and my Frontier Apache optical patch bay (which has all four ADAT signals routed through it) sees the signal.  But ADAT 3 and 4 show No Sync, while ADAT 1, 2, and SPDIF all *do* sync.

Any ideas?