Topic: High pitched noise from FF800

Hi there,

i have a problem with my RME 800.
Every time i enable any audio application, including Digicheck 5.3 i get a weird high pitched noise.
I tried also with the sound card of my Virus TI and nothing happened.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Re: High pitched noise from FF800

Firmware version? Driver version?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Randay 2010-08-25 16:40:34)

3.020 Driver - 2.77 Firmware
The latest available.

PC Specs also:
Mobo: GB EX-58 UD3r
Ram - 6GB - Adata
Core i7 920 @ 2.6

Any news on this?
May be the MOBO that cause this noise?

Please help is driving me nuts, thank you.

Where exactly does this noise occur?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by Randay 2010-09-03 13:54:33)

It occurs at the speakers and also at the motherboard even when i open DIGICheck (5.3).

its a high freq noise, like transmitting a signal. starts and stops in no particular order.

I have the same issue. The odd thing is I went to great lengths to make sure the firewire chipset on my MOBO (Gigabyte GA-x58A-ud7 rev2) would be good enough. There is even a noise filter feature touted for the board. Nevertheless I also experience an intermittent high pitched squeeling (sounds "move" to match internal processing [file transfers, caching, browsing]). I am wondering if I should be contacting the manufacturer of the motherboard. I don't think any amount of ferrite choke could help this as it seems to be coming from the port itself. I have the latest firmware and drivers and I am using Win7 in a 64 bit environment.
I am considering buying a new firewire controller but it is kind of a disappointment. 

Cheers,
Josh

Disabling the power saving options for the CPU in the bios, especially CE1 and CE3 etc, wil often cure this.
Good luck!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632