1 (edited by MetinB 2011-04-28 16:51:01)

Topic: Octamic II connected to Hammerfall DSP Multiface 1 problem!!

Hello there,
I am using a multiface 1 and I have purchased an Octamic II for my recordings. the first three days everything worked fine, at the third day Multiface 1 started to drop out during recording and playback. the following day it dropped out a couple of times. but i still managed to work. the error red light was blinking. everytime it dropped out i disconnected the multiface by plugging out the host cable (firewire cable) and plugging it again to reset the card. after every reset it worked at least for an hour or so. Yesterday in the afternoon i couldnt start my session. it was dropping out 30 seconds after every reset. I realized i was using OctamicII as the master clock source. so i plugged in a WC cable and started to use Multiface 1 as the master clock source and voila! after spending 5 hours, finally everything worked fine and I managed to record for 7 hours without a single drop out. And today in the afternoon I started my system again and after 30 seconds; drop out-reset-dropout-reset-dropout etc... i tried to think, i realized that my studio is in an industrial zone so voltage surges could cause the problem and i purchased an online UPS. plugged in but still ...drop out - reset - drop out ...etc.
the thing is when i disconnect Octamic II no drop out occurs. i can perfectly playback and mix.

Where am i wrong? pls save me.

Metin