Topic: Where is "view" option in TMFX?

Hi,

I recently switched from the FF800 to the UFX.  Loving the new pres and TMFX!  One thing I can't find, however, is a feature I used frequently in the standard TM - the ability to choose to show or hide the input, output, and playback channels.  It was a nice feature to be able to hide parts of the mixer that are not necessary for a particular application (e.g., hiding the software playback channels when tracking a live performance).  Am I just not seeing this feature, or was it removed in TMFX?

Thanks.

Re: Where is "view" option in TMFX?

Look at the options in the light blue square on the right hand side and check the little box that says "2-rows".  This will either show or hide the DAW faders in the middle.  I think those may be the only two options.

The "two row" option just moves the playback channels up on the same row as the input channels.  I am looking for something like what is in the standard TM where I can completely hide each section of the mixer.

Use 2 row option, then go the left border(blue) of the software playback channels and pull it to the right. this will hide all but one software playback channels.   then minimize track with switch on bottom right.

@neirbod

Sorry about that.  I had not even noticed that it was just moving it onto the same row.  I haven't needed to use that option so when I glanced at it, I thought is was hiding it.certainly not as clean as the previous TotalMix.

Hmmm.  Seems very strange RME would not include such a simple and effective way to reduce the size of TM in the UFX version.  It is a very handy feature of non-UFX version. 

@RME - Can this feature be added to a new driver update?

This feature always caused a lot of trouble from a support point of view. I expect the 2 row mode with collapsed fader strips is sufficient for most users.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I only know the new version, but I like that I can minimize each track and pull out the borders of hardware or software inputs. on a 19 inch monitor I have all tracks visible but I minimize the inputs I don't use. I still have metering but the faders are gone. This way if something is assigned to the wrong track I still can see it registering on the meters.