Topic: ADI-2 Spidf output failure

Hello,

I have recently purchased an ADI-2 (firmware 1.4) but I am unable to successfully connect the A/D coaxial spdif output to any interface.  The analogue inputs and outputs are functioning.  The D/A coaxial spdif input is also working and will lock to external spidf clock. 

I have tried to connect to M-Audio, Benchmark and Apogee hardware, but none of them identify any spidf signal from the ADI-2.  I have used different 75ohm cables and have tried all output switch options.

I have not tested any of the optical ports.

Is there an internal jumper setting that may be to blame, or does this sound like a defective unit?

Cheers...

Adam Dowling

Re: ADI-2 Spidf output failure

Try connecting SPDIF out to SPDIF in on the unit. Set the unit to an Internal clock setting (44.1/48), and set input to COAX. This should pass any analog input directly to the analog out. If not, the unit may have a problem.

If it does, then we need more details about ADI-2 settings and the other device(s) settings.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: ADI-2 Spidf output failure

Thanks Jeff,

I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to try that.  Unfortunately, I am only seeing your response now and I have already returned the unit to the store. 

I never did get a response to my support email but that was sent to 'support@rme-audio.de'

Thanks for your help, Jeff.  I do appreciate the post.

Cheers! ...

Adam