Topic: TotalMix mismatch detected every time

Still trying to wrap my head around TotalMix and the UFX.  First point of confusion is why I get the "mismatch detected" message every time I turn my studio on.  Yesterday I saved my TotalMix settings to "Setup 1"  inside the hardware and I thought that would get rid of the mismatch problem.  I am not understanding the relationship between the hardware mix and the TotalMix mix.  It appears the hardware mix changes as I adjust Totalmix and vice versa.  When do I need to "save" the mix (if ever)?

Re: TotalMix mismatch detected every time

Is this message supposed to come up every time?  How do I  "match" the hardware and TotalMix?

Driver version? Firmware version? Operating system?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, I have the exact same message popping up. Not sure what to do with this.
Got the UFX 10 days ago,runs in USB, downloaded the last updates (driver 1.50, firmware v342 ; TotalMix version 0.93).
Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Thanks for your advice,
GL

5 (edited by nowtime 2011-03-29 04:15:13)

I am running 10.6, using 1.50,  3.42,  2.90,  0.93.  I've been using USB.  Will try FW again on Tuesday.

thanks

We had this effect before, it can be caused by wrong operation of the unit and tools. See

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10025

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am running the latest drivers/firmware, and still seem to get this mismatch message every time.  Is there a proper power on/power down sequence?  I have tried storing the settings on the unit (selecting "Store", then holding down the "2" encoder), but when I power back up, there is still a mismatch.

Thanks,
Dave

Power down the computer, then switch off the Fireface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by Eric Bradley 2011-05-06 14:00:00)

Have you tried a "Total Reset"?

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

You might also want to try the latest pre-release 6 version of TM FX, see thread USB Recording.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME