Topic: Babyface audio switching back to on-board soundcard

Hi, just bought the BF.. excellent product! I have one problem though after using it for the first time I set my default sound playback to the BF, works fine but after I disconnect the BF and set my sound back to normal (default) on my on-board (realtek) gigabyte motherboard.. I get no sound at all but still see the level meter moving up and down as I play sound files on itunes, winamp, movie player etc. Is there something else I have to set it back to? I'm on vista 64x.

Re: Babyface audio switching back to on-board soundcard

I don't understand the question, can you explain again? Which level meter? Do you have something plugged into the on-board sound output jack?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Hellface 2011-05-10 20:01:18)

I have a stereo mini jack into the on-board sound output but I get no sound at all after I disconnected the babyface and set my sound in control panel to go back and use the system on-board sound.. as for the level meter I meant that I still see the green signal moving when I double click on volume icon in right corner of the task bar as I play sound files on the winamp, itunes, etc. but I got no sound coming out at all.. seems like the totalmix or whatever is still being set as default or something? I tried restarting my PC a couple of times but still looks like something is holding on to the default playback in my system.

Most likely, you triggered the optical digital connection on the Realtek, does it show up as "Digital" in sound output preferences? Do you see red light coming from the port?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok, nevermind. I think the realtek messed up on the output selection (when I plugged back in my stereo mini jack), I tried switching 'set as default' back and forth between the high definition output and speaker. It had nothing to do with the optical/digital output, I got it working normally now. Thanks!