Topic: RME on Twitter - Good for RME and users!

Hello RME;

Are you on Twitter? I couldn't find you.

The reason I ask is that I use Twitter (exclusively) to follow audio gear and software companies (like Spectrasonics, Steinberg, Avid, Adobe Sweetwater, Native Instruments, etc) because it is the fastest channel for news on updates, new drivers, events, promotions, new products, etc etc.
I get info on updates way before they filter through other streams, even e-mail newsletters.

For those reasons it's a great asset to a company and their users / customers.

If I've missed your Twitter, let me know.
If you don't have one, please consider getting an account.

Thanks.
QuBe.

Re: RME on Twitter - Good for RME and users!

The only relevant news that you could get via Twitter from RME is driver updates. Now a serious user will tell you to wait 1 or 2 weeks before updating and let the others try it first. Means - do you really need a 'fastest' channel with RME? IMHO the delay between forum, website, and the mass of users beginning to use a driver has proven to be a really useful thing...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by QuBe 2011-05-14 02:41:16)

Re: RME on Twitter - Good for RME and users!

MC wrote:

The only relevant news that you could get via Twitter from RME is driver updates.

I don't think so.
For example, with Spectrasonics I get info on Omnisphere updates the second they're out of the oven. With Steinberg, I get the same thing as well as new product releases and company news. RME has the same sort of goodies they can post.
http://twitter.com/Steinbergmedia

MC wrote:

Now a serious user will tell you to wait 1 or 2 weeks before updating and let the others try it first.

Actually, I am both. I'm a serious user and one of the "others"...at least on some things.
I'm a beta tester for other software companies, and I run a custom triple boot system in aid of that. (If a partition gets borked, I can wipe and unghost a clean install in under 10 minutes.)

MC wrote:

Means - do you really need a 'fastest' channel with RME? IMHO the delay between forum, website, and the mass of users beginning to use a driver has proven to be a really useful thing...

Yeah, I can understand the value of a time buffer for certain things, but there is also value in feedback from 'early adopters', as well as a company promotional channel that's virtually free.
I set up Spectrasonic's Twitter account (to prevent the name from being squatted) and then gave it directly to Eric - since then it's grown to over 4000 followers.
http://twitter.com/Spectrasonics

Twitter is a good device if used as a broadcast channel...as opposed to a theoretically "social" medium.

:-)
QuBe.