Topic: Strange UFX behavior

Hi,

Being an owner of a FF800 for many years, it was an obvious choice to buy the UFX for my next DAW project. I bought the UFX on Tuesday, and it worked perfectly until yesterday when some strange behavior started happening.
When turning on the unit I have noticed that all the LEDS light up, and for the Mic Pres, the Signal led first goes green and then red while TRS and 48V is lit. Then they all go off when it is not connected to anything (apart from power). That I assume is normal operation.

Now, if I power on the unit both TRS and 48V is lit and do not go off, and the input channels do not work either. (Totalmix cannot toggle 48V or TRS, but the unit can still play audio.) After some trial and error I noticed that if the unit is on for a while then they all start blinking for a while (and some static noise comes at the analog inputs), then suddenly after around 1-2 minutes everything is fine. The unit works perfectly after that. It seems to be somewhat temperature related.
I should probably contact my shop, but thought to ask if there is something I should check (hardware diagnostics), reset ie, in case this can be software related.

Torstein

Re: Strange UFX behavior

Hello,

please have the unit examined at the factory or exchanged, if the retailer agrees to do so.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Strange UFX behavior

Hi,

Thank you for a very quick reply. smile The retailer gave me a new one, and that does not show this behavior. (Though the other one took two days before that appeared, but it was probably one of "those" units.)

Torstein