Topic: Should I consider the Babyface?

I'm looking for an audio interface for use in my home studio. I typically will only need one or two inputs so the Babyface will be sufficient for that.

My concern is that I tend to use a lot of softsynths and also need low latency for recording vocal tracks or guitar in realtime. My computer is a quadcore MacPro so it should handle it OK.

Additionally, I want to use the digital outs on my preamp (Focusrite ISA One) into the Babyface rather than the analog ins. Will the Babyface work well with lots of softsynths and (reasonably) low latency? Or should I stick with one of the firewire Fireface units?

Re: Should I consider the Babyface?

FireBug wrote:

I'm looking for an audio interface for use in my home studio. I typically will only need one or two inputs so the Babyface will be sufficient for that.

My concern is that I tend to use a lot of softsynths and also need low latency for recording vocal tracks or guitar in realtime. My computer is a quadcore MacPro so it should handle it OK.

Additionally, I want to use the digital outs on my preamp (Focusrite ISA One) into the Babyface rather than the analog ins. Will the Babyface work well with lots of softsynths and (reasonably) low latency? Or should I stick with one of the firewire Fireface units?

I just purchased a Babyface and the build quality is awesome.  I will start recording some content with it soon.

Re: Should I consider the Babyface?

Will the Babyface work well with lots of softsynths and (reasonably) low latency?

The Babyface works well with an up-to-date USB chipset. See this list of tested systems.

best regards
Knut