Topic: UFX can't change from 48000 to 44100

Using Ableton Live and MBP, I am locked in at 48000, when I am used to working at 44100.  Is it because I am using a digital input via ADAT2?  How can I get back to 44100?

Re: UFX can't change from 48000 to 44100

More info:  whether I change it from within Fireface USB Settings or from within Live's preferences, it just keeps jumping back to 48000.  All drivers and firmware are up-to-date.

What is the clock source in settings? What is the setting on the device connected to ADAT?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

What is the clock source in settings? What is the setting on the device connected to ADAT?

clock source is set to Word Clock.

My Triton Extreme, output connected via Toslink to RME ADAT2-in, has it's clock set to Internal.  When I change that to S/P DIF, I am able to change the RME to 44100, but the Triton starts blinking and says "clock error".  I do not need to sync the Triton, I am just wanting audio output.

Guess I have alot to learn about digital I/O.

Any advice?

You have two digital devices connected. One must be master, the other must be slave. The Korg can only be master, and only 48k. As long as you connect the Korg this way, that is the only possibility.

If you set the UFX to "Internal" then it works at any sample rate, but your Korg is not in sync.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.