Topic: RME Fireface ufx and external efx modules

Hi,

Is it possible to route external efx boxes into the rme ufx so all outboard gear connected to the ufx can use the  efx boxes?  (like a mixer)
If so, would i do it like this, output of efx box into rme input, input of efx box into an output on the rme? Or am i way off the mark here?

cheers

Re: RME Fireface ufx and external efx modules

If TotalMix on the UFX works the same way as on my FF800, yes, you can route just about anything anywhere using all available in and out ports.

Your description of setting up an external FX loop is basically correct, but slightly confused!  A signal can be routed OUT of an RME output IN to an effect box's input,   then the effected signal can come OUT of the box IN to a RME input.   Then battle with the highly flexible but rather impenetrable TotalMix setup :-)  There are some helpful online tutorials.  The logic shines through eventually, trust me!

Is it possible to route external efx boxes into the rme ufx so all outboard gear connected to the ufx can use the  efx boxes?  (like a mixer)

Yes. It works like with any other (digital) hardware mixer.

If so, would i do it like this, output of efx box into rme input, input of efx box into an output on the rme?

Yes. With a digital hardware reverb I would do it this way: AES/EBU output of the UFX > AES/EBU input of the reverb > AES/EBU reverb output > AES/EBU input UFX

best regards
Knut

thanx a lot, sorted, just routing in totalmix was kinda tricky hence me questioning myself ha thanx again