Topic: ADI-8 QS MIDI remote not working

Hello,

I can't set the MIDI remote feature between my HDSP9652 and ADI-8 QS converter
Installed a cable between MIDI converter input port and HDSP breakout cable,OUT 1 port
Then activated MIDI remote 1.42 software, tried various banks and ID's without success, then found and ran the "program device ID" issue,setting ID8/BK8 dataset just for test and suddenly got a strong loudness reduction ed:, such like a dim switch, while the playback of my DAW audio stream was OK and at the right output metering level.
I can't recover the normal output by now, even after power down no:
Still got the status feedback info as either Offline or not responding
All others I/O and clocking issues, as well as analogue conversion, are up and running from the converter front panel
Only the MIDI remote communication is not in place
Did I miss something essential, despite I carefully read the notice?
Thanks.

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II

Re: ADI-8 QS MIDI remote not working

Program device ID is only necessary if you use more than one unit, otherwise 'All' should work. You need to install two cables (Converter out to HDSP In). Did you choose the Remote MIDI port on the front panel of the QS?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-8 QS MIDI remote not working

OK!
working well now with another MIDI cable installed as you mentioned me, not a trained MIDI user, sorry
I have started some evaluation of the converter audio quality, where operated within my audiophile environment, and I should feed back with comments the next weeks.
Kind regards

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II