Topic: HDSP 9632 generates noise on output

Hi

I just built an i7 workstation based on the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard, a Corsair 1000W powersuply, 6 GB of Corsair ram at 1600Mz,an ASUS VGA EAH4350 Silent graphics card and 5 HDD's one of which is a system drive and the remaining 4 are in RAID formations creating two  workdrives. I also have the extra 4 balanced in and out daughter boards for the RME 9632. It all works pretty well for starters apart from noise and a more mid-high pitched tone of some sort coming out of the RME9632 balanced or unbalanced outputs. Note that I hear nothing from the headphone out. No noise whatsoever. The sound is crystal clear. I have read all relevant threads and have tried switching PCI and moved the graphics card to slot but I can't find a solution to my problem...Could you please suggest any possible solutions...Surely there must be a way to get rid of this noise, which hasn't been an issue for the past 5 years on my older setup.

Heeeelp

2 (edited by scott1234 2009-11-16 19:56:16)

Re: HDSP 9632 generates noise on output

sei-lostr3 wrote:

Hi

I just built an i7 workstation based on the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard, a Corsair 1000W powersuply, 6 GB of Corsair ram at 1600Mz,an ASUS VGA EAH4350 Silent graphics card and 5 HDD's one of which is a system drive and the remaining 4 are in RAID formations creating two  workdrives. I also have the extra 4 balanced in and out daughter boards for the RME 9632. It all works pretty well for starters apart from noise and a more mid-high pitched tone of some sort coming out of the RME9632 balanced or unbalanced outputs. Note that I hear nothing from the headphone out. No noise whatsoever. The sound is crystal clear. I have read all relevant threads and have tried switching PCI and moved the graphics card to slot but I can't find a solution to my problem...Could you please suggest any possible solutions...Surely there must be a way to get rid of this noise, which hasn't been an issue for the past 5 years on my older setup.

Heeeelp

I'm with ya buddy.

+10,000 HELP!

I just built an i7-860 (1156 Lynnfield) system on an ASUS P7P55D with a Corsair 750W power supply and 8GB of G.SKILL RAM at 1333Mhz. Installed my faithful PCI RME 9632 which I've had for years working flawlessly and now I'm getting this annoying high pitch garbled tone. I have yet to finish the build so I only have one 150GB velociraptor installed with Win7 & Wavelab 6. I fired up wavelab 6, loaded a sound from a USB drive and whiiiiiiiiinnnnnnneeeeeeee high pitch annoying tone gets even louder when played. Silenced the waveform entirely so there is 0.0 sound. Hit play in wavelab (playing 10 seconds of silence) and it creates a loud high pitch noise! Move the mouse around, garbled noise etc etc etc. I found this RME link on self oscillation but it says only with PCI & breakout box combo. http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_faq. … sp_schwing
But i've used this card for years with 0.0 noise and now boom! Its sounds like hell in my new computer. What-is-going-on! HELP

I personally know two other people who own these cards and are currently building i7 systems so prepare for a flood of posts on this problem.

3 (edited by scott1234 2009-11-30 22:59:42)

Problem still unresolved. Thing is, when nothings loaded, it makes very little noise. When you load your DAW it becomes noisy as hell. Tried 3 different high quality UPS and still getting garbled digital noise. Switched out Corsair power supply and problem is still there. You can even hear it when you move the mouse around. When loading programs its screaming 0101000101010 digital crap. Program loads and it still intermittently spews out digital noise here and there. Had the card for years and never had this problem ever. Checked all wires, outlet, UPS etc.

Has to be issue between i7 and RME 9632. PCI instead of PCIe? Too much power on newer motherboards? On board controller of i7 8xx? My 9632 is now useless.

Help please.

A have same problem!Anybody Have solution?

Disable all power saving options for the cpu in the bios.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632