Topic: Babyface as Input/Lynx L22 as Output?

Hi Folks,

First time poster here. Just purchased a Babyface and am reading the manual (at work... ahem). I see on page 17 it states the following:

"In the audio application being used, Babyface must be selected as output device."

Bummer. I'd like to configure my DAW with the Babyface as the input and my L22 as the output. Using the Babyface to monitor when I'm on my laptop will be great, but on my desktop I'd like to keep monitoring through my L22.

I'll try it out when I get home, but I thought I'd use the opportunity to meet some of the folks on the board and see if anyone else has been able to pull off this sort of configuration.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Ben

Re: Babyface as Input/Lynx L22 as Output?

So, after trying things out back at the homestead, it sure looks like it's not possible. Anyone wanna make my day by telling me I've missed something?

On Windows, you can only use one ASIO driver at a time. On Mac, you can create an aggregate device. But anyway, it's not possible since the Lynx card has no optical. You can't sync the clocks of both interfaces.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate the clarification. I think my workflow will be monitoring through the Babyface while tracking and monitoring through the L22 while mixing.