1 (edited by klimperguy 2010-12-31 13:52:11)

Topic: Babyface / Monitor Headphone / Ohm ?

Hello everybody,

searching for a monitor headphone I noticed that different models come with different Ohm values (e.g. 30 Ohm up to 250 Ohm).
Reading the Babyface manual I learned that it's phone output has a 30 Ohm value. Does that mean that the headphone should also have 30 Ohm?

Thanks for your help.
Klimperguy

Re: Babyface / Monitor Headphone / Ohm ?

It seems nobody from RME really tell us what is happening with the headphone output...

What is the exact headphone output power???
Can you bypass the headphone amp, if you already have your own???
if you cannot bypass what settings is the best to have a line out signal at the same volume as the first balanced stereo output???
What is the recommended settings when you plug the card in a dj mixer?? (4mono out from card to 4 mono in in the mixer)
(level and sound color need to be exactly the same)
Can you bypass the pre's??

So much question and nobody to awnser??

3 (edited by DjSinae 2011-06-07 18:38:36)

Also your saying you removed the 15volt output options that is found on other card for the headphone output because it would ask to much juice from the usb but what if it's plug in the wall??? Most people that will buy the card will plug it in the wall and not use usb power (since it bring usb electrical noise and everything).

It would not have been very complicated just to give the option but explain to people that 15volt option is only working with external power!! + a way to bypass the headphone out totally for external headphone amp..

I have to admit that this card seems to be the one to buy even at 749$
but that low power headphone output is really bugging me since i'm interested in 250ohm to 600ohm headphones.

DjSinae wrote:

Most people that will buy the card will plug it in the wall and not use usb power (since it bring usb electrical noise and everything).

To be honest, I'm one of those who bought the Babyface _because_ it is USB buspowered. I have so many devices with powersupplies, so I want to reduce them - thanks Babyface.
If you want a strong headphone amp, it is better to choose another device. For my system the buspowered was the I'll by it feature.

Regards,
Hermann

DjSinae wrote:

What is the recommended settings when you plug the card in a dj mixer?? (4mono out from card to 4 mono in in the mixer)
(level and sound color need to be exactly the same)

I believe I have already answered this. No setting will change the "sound color" in any way.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME