Topic: FF800 spdif sync to Lexicon MPX 1 reverb/processor problem

I'm trying to use the spdif I/O as a send and return to the Lexicon reverb unit.  When i try to set the lexicon from analogue to digital in/out mode I get an error message 'resync failed'.  it seems the lexicon can't see the FF800.  Anybody come across anything similar.  (G5 PPC running 10.4.10)

Re: FF800 spdif sync to Lexicon MPX 1 reverb/processor problem

Hi,
    Did you set the MPX clock source to external also?
i'm using a Lexicon MPX 550 with the FF 800, no problems.

rob

My Lex MX200 will also not 'see' anything above a 48K sample rate, so if the FF is at 96K, that could be a problem.

--Dean

HDSP9652 w/ AEB4-I/O - FireFace800 - 2 x Presonus Digimax FS - FriendChip DMX16/18

HI Rob - Yes it's when i try and set the MPX clock to external that i get the error message 'resync failed'.  I'm presuming that the FF800 clock should remain set on autosync.  Hi dstdean, yes the sample rate remains at 44.100.  I am a bit stumped by this.

sigmund wrote:

HI Rob - Yes it's when i try and set the MPX clock to external that i get the error message 'resync failed'.  I'm presuming that the FF800 clock should remain set on autosync.

No, it should be master... Else you'll have two devices desparately trying to sync to thw other unit's clock.... No go.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel, tried resetting FF800 to master and re-booting all and still no go.  should 'pref sync ref' also be 'spdif in'?

If the unit is master, the 'pref sync ref' setting is of no relevance. Have you talked to Lexicon?

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

sigmund wrote:

HI Rob - Yes it's when i try and set the MPX clock to external that i get the error message 'resync failed'.  I'm presuming that the FF800 clock should remain set on autosync.  Hi dstdean, yes the sample rate remains at 44.100.  I am a bit stumped by this.

As Daniel pointed out... FF settings should be set to master. SPDIF in is set to coaxial in FF settings. I have mine set this way and it works fine, the only other thing i can think of is a cabling issue.

The strange thing is I just swapped the cables round so that FF800 spdif out is connected to the MPX out, and likewise with the two ins connected together and it seems to work fine.  i don't understand this as i've  previously always connected in's to out's which I'd assumed was normal.  Any ideas?

sorry, i can't get behind my rack to take a peek... but i assume that it is connected as you would normally expect. Oh well, don't knock it.... it's working, hurrah! :-D

Hi,

I have a Lexicon MPX 550 connected to my Fireface 800 and it shows it is detected and the spdif light is on. The MPX is set to external now how do I get my sound to be processed through the MPX. Are there some settup steps I have to do in totalmix? I cannot seem to find out why im not hearing any reverb. In FF settings I have spdif set to professional for Output Format, and on Coaxial for input source. No check in (Emphasis). Any advice would be appreciated! This is my first attempt at digital linking with spdif not going to well so far.

Thanks,
Randy