Topic: UFX Praise and TotalMix Request

The UFX is brilliant.  Everything about it is simply superb thus far.
To note, I have owned 2 Motu HD192s, a Lynx Aurora (16 channel), Benchmark DAC-1, and some lower grade gear not worth mentioning.

TotalMix is also brilliant.  However, I am baffled (based on the ingenuity and quality of RME gear) that there is no low pass available for setting up subs.  Along with this it would also be nice to have the ability to assign subwoofers to Main A and Main B via the "Assign" button.

I just searched for a few more terms in the forum and have seen this exact thing requested before, but no direct response from RME.  I really think this is a valuable addition.  Would RME be so kind as to respond to this in particular?

Thanks!
daved

Re: UFX Praise and TotalMix Request

actually almost every subwoofer has it's own low pass.
Simply make 2 identical submixes, group the volume sliders and you're good to go.

I agree with daved, the bass management is really needed in this unit. I suggest to simply implement that in the eq DSP.
The basic pc soundcards like soundblaster has a crossover for the sub... The 2x cheaper TC Konnect 48 has a subwoofer configuration section... The much cheaper Motu CueMixFX devices has 7 band EQ with LPF and HPF...

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording

@Victor
Yes, of course.  That is how I am getting by for now.  However, not only do I not trust that method, my ears are not satisfied, and neither is my analyzer (unless I move the crossover point much higher than I'd like).  If I had access to a crossover within TotalMix, I would be sure of what's going on and see if there is something apart from misaligned cuts/passes.

@Zavieri
Thanks  for the support and supporting info!

@RME
Seriously, Guys and Gals, this is a really great and basic feature.  Do the rest of your system justice and implement this.
Or at least tell us that you don't consider it worth doing and I'll go burn some money (and electricity) on a hardware crossover (it just feels so unnatural that TotalMix doesn't do this!).

5 (edited by CodingMusica 2011-06-05 19:31:11)

It is very disappointing to receive no response in this amount of time for a first contact to RME.
And if you guys are working on a response, a simple "we're discussing it" would suffice.

Coding, I sent an email to RME the beginning of the week asking some questions - no reply yet. Maybe they're better at doing than talking yikes)

Music Producer / Sound Engineer. RME HDSP 9652 / RME UFX

Hi, LJB.  Did you ever get a response for your own questions?
Obviously nothing has been posted here.
With such well-made converters I can actually hear the crickets in this thread.

fryingpan

We have no plans to add subwoofer support other than the existing EQ to TM FX. Our list of missing features is long, and most of them will adress a lot more people than the few needing this feature. Therefore no, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, MC.
I appreciate your clear response.

I still do, however, suggest that it should be on the list in general.  It really does come across like a hole (a small one) in TMs abilities.
Thanks.