1 (edited by Prs1981 2011-06-05 13:03:13)

Topic: Need help regarding Babyface volume knob.

Hey guys.

Is it possible to assign the volume knob on the babyface to a different output.
I got an old apogee-D/A hooked up to the sdpdif via light.
The manual states that i can do that with assigning the outsupt as main in the Control room section.
Problem is even after defining the spdif as main the knob still only controls the analog output fader.
As a workaround i assigned the analog out to main, the spdif to speaker b and use the link button but since i want to use a second pair of speakers that "trick" doesn´t cut it for me.

Hope someone´s got an idea what could be the issue.
I´m on  osx 10.6.6 totalmixfx 0.94 pre release 6 driver 1.55 firmware v183

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Paul

Quick Edit:
The whole workaround turned out useless since the speaker b out doesn´t work unless u engage the speaker b knob...but after doing that the volume knob doesn´t do anything anymore.
I hope there´s a fix for this.

Re: Need help regarding Babyface volume knob.

This is not a bug. You can link the faders of AS1/2 to Ph 3/4 or AN 1/2. With a fader group or temporarily with Shift+click both faders (yellow).

best regards
Knut

Hi Knut.

Thanks for the fast reply.
I know that´s not a bug and that I can do that.
My question was (to be more precise)... Why can´t I control AS1/2 with the Volume knob if i assign it to be the Main Out?
When I do this the Volume knob still controls AN1/2.

The manual states this as followed:
"3.6 The Control Room Section
In the section Control Room the menu Assign is used to define the Main Out which is used for listening in the studio. For this output the functions Dim, Recall, Mono, Talkback and Mute FX are automatically applied. On the unit the VOLUME knob also follows this assignment."

So I´m not sure if it´s a bug or my misunderstanding but it would be great to know.

Thanks & Greetings
Paul

It's a misunderstanding. My manual states this:

In the section Control Room the menu Assign is used to
define the Main Out which is used for listening in the studio.
For this output the functions Dim, Recall, Mono, Talkback and
Mute FX are automatically applied. On the unit the keys
Recall and Dim (push on the rotary encoder) also follow this
assignment.

Right. This is the text from the Babyface manual. The main encoder can either be assigned to the Analog 1/2 output or the Phones output (with the select button).

Prs1981: Your text is from the UFX manual:
In the section Control Room the menu Assign is used to define the Main Out which is used for listening in the studio. For this output the functions Dim, Recall, Mono, Talkback and Mute FX are automatically applied. On the unit the VOLUME knob also follows this assignment.

best regards
Knut

Hi.
Thx Knut.
I got the text from the totalmixfx online help which seems to reffer to the ufx.
Anyway, thanks for clarifying this.
Greetings Paul

I changed the text, thanks for the note.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME