Topic: Connecting ADI-2 to Mac

I am just wondering its appropriate to set the volume on iTunes to maximum and let the ADI-2 input level goes up to the red lights? That there will be no harm to ADI-2 at all and no distortion, etc.

If I set the itunes volume to any less than 100%, lets say about 70 to 80% the input level lights on ADI-2 only goes up to orange but that would be a degradation of sound if I minimise the volume in iTunes even a little.

I am using ADI-2 as D/A converter from my Mac going to my SPL Phonitor headphone amplifier I have a new model and I can set the jumper to control the output volume as well.

I have a setup like Mac > optical > ADI-2 > balanced cable > SPL Phonitor

Thanks a lot for any help.

Re: Connecting ADI-2 to Mac

Rehan wrote:

I am just wondering its appropriate to set the volume on iTunes to maximum and let the ADI-2 input level goes up to the red lights? That there will be no harm to ADI-2 at all and no distortion, etc.

If you are playing back modern musical material that's been "mastered" to death ("loudness wars"), then it's no surprise the level meters will show red...

If I set the itunes volume to any less than 100%, lets say about 70 to 80% the input level lights on ADI-2 only goes up to orange but that would be a degradation of sound if I minimise the volume in iTunes even a little.

Hardly anything to worry about...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME